Restoration Relief wants you to know about mold and mold remediation techniques so you can decide, based on fact, not fear, whether your home needs mold remediation. We assure you will be provided with the compassion, professionalism, and knowledge you deserve throughout the entire remediation process.
Mold is a natural part of our environment and will grow when conditions exist for mold growth.
Here are four mold facts you need to know:
- Mold spores are everywhere
- Mold’s food source includes organic materials, such as wood products, leather, natural textiles, etc.
- Mold grows in average home temperatures – the same temperatures we consider to be comfortable
- Mold loves moisture, such as dampness, wetness, water vapor or liquid.
If you see mold growing in your home or business, here are some tips to remember:
- Find and fix the moisture source since mold cannot grow or continue its growth without moisture
- A remediation should not take place until the source of the moisture is removed
- Call Restoration Relief: a trained professional will assess the mold damage and help you to determine the proper steps for its removal
- DO NOT wipe the moldy area with bleach and water. Bleach is an agent used to whiten and has never been proven to kill mold. It is a water-based product that will whiten the mold stain without removing the moisture so the mold will continue to grow
- DO NOT “air out” the mold area because this will help spread the mold to other areas in your home or building.
If you are in need of our services, or if you have any questions regarding the restoration needs within your home or business, please feel free to give Restoration Relief a call.
24/7 Emergency service